Here are a couple of external links to other peoples sites that contain
more or less useful information.
- Dreamcast Technical Pages - Some technical articles about the Dreamcast, poorly updated though.
- Hit Maker Visit Series Vol.4 - A technical overview of the Dreamcast system presented by Hitachi (in Japanese).
- bITmASTER's Playstation and Dreamcast development page - Some register maps and pinouts for the Dreamcast.
- Dreamcast Development Tools - Documentation and source code by Lars "Maiwe" Olsson
- Dan's DCDev Info - Programming info, samples, and a debugger.
- Jules Dreamcast Development Site - News and files for developers.
- NetBSD/dreamcast - The project to port NetBSD to the Dreamcast.
- RAMTronics VMU Programming and Tools - Contains a nice FAQ about Visual Memory use and development.
- Sega dreamcast VMU development tools - Contains hardware information about the Visual Memory System.
- LIME - A compiled language for the Visual Memory System.
- VirtuaMUnstaz - VMS demos and programming tutorials.
- Hitmen - DC - Contains a walkthrough for building GCC for the SH4.
- Programmers Heaven - Not Dreamcast specific, but has a good collection of useful info on programming in general.
- Dreamcast Menu - Dreamcast homepage at Sega Japan (in Japanese).
- Kirk's Dreamcast Page - Translations of Japanese menus and more.
- booyaka.com - Discussion boards about VMS games and savefiles.
- VMU Engineering - Games and savefiles for the Visual Memory System.
- Unlimited VMU Space/VMU Developement - Online repository for VMS files.
- dcNow - Mainly focused on game reviews, but has a good links section.
- DC Emu - Gathers information about emulators running on the Dreamcast.
Dreamcast Programming by Marcus Comstedt
Last modified: Sun Mar 19 15:40:50 CET 2006